Wednesday, October 20, 2010

How does it feel to give your baby up for adoption?

A poem written by a birthmother:

"Dear Daughter,

There is something I’ve always wanted to say.
It’s something I’ve thought about everyday.

I tried to say my goodbye’s on adoption day, like I knew I should.
I just want you to know, I never really could.
I never really said goodbye, although sometimes people wished I would.

But I carried you with me every day, and never let a memory of you go away.

Throughout your childhood I watched you grow.
I cherished each photo more than you’ll ever know!

I bragged about you often, like every mother does.
But I knew YOU really were the best their ever was!

Still a missing part of my heart, I wished did never depart.

Cause all I had were pictures and written tales about you. And I always knew there was so much more to YOU.

I cried so many nights, wishing I could hold you again. You were so used to my touch, way back then.

I prayed you would want to see me when would you grew older, and not give me the could shoulder. But I’d love you even if you did, because you are MY kid!

Now I can’t believe the passing of time is done!
I finally get to meet YOU and tell how proud I am of who you have become!

I’ll see you tomorrow. Please, don’t be nervous sweetie. I am so much just like you, and I’ll understand your heart no matter what you say or do.

Love, mom"

Placing a child for adoption is the hardest choice you will make; the Christian Child Placement Service is here for you each step of the way while you are contemplating adoption and after you place your child into an adoptive home.  Our continual physical and emotional support along with providing you accurate information about all of your options with your unplanned pregnancy will help you make an informed decision about what option you choose for your child and yourself.

Christian Child Placement Service
1-800-553-2229
http://www.adoptnewmexico.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment