Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Honestly Face MYTHS About Marriage

Concepts from:
"Saving Your Marriage Before It Starts," Les & Leslie Parrott

Honestly Face MYTHS about marriage:

Husbands and wives expect the same things from marriage.
*Each Partner has unconscious expectations
*Each Partner has unspoken rules we don't know we have until our spouse breaks the rules

Everything good about a marriage gets better and better

Everything bad in my life will disappear because I get married

My spouse will make me whole (my spouse will complete me)
*Entering a relationship expecting to become whole will create codependence
*Two whole people need to marry for a relationship to be whole
*Get yourself healthy before you get yourself married

Christian Child Placement Service, Adoption Agency
http://www.adoptnewmexico.org/
1-800-553-2229 ex. 14
adopt@nmcch.org

No comments:

Post a Comment