Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Letter to Birthmother

This letter was written by one of our adoptive mothers who as a child had been adopted herself…She writes this particular letter to the birthmother of her child.

Dear Birthmother,

“I want you to know that there is absolutely no way I can look at adoption as a “second best” alternative. I know how much adoptive parents can love their children. I also, in some small sense have a grasp of the emotional turmoil you must be experiencing at this time. I understand, as only an adoptee can, the curiosity, the questions, and the emotions that your child will one day face. The fact that I am adopted is a large part of the reason that my husband and I want to adopt a child of our own…I want you to know that our child will always know that he or she is adopted and loved very much by you as well as us. He or she will be encouraged to share his or her feelings about adoption and any and all questions will be answered with the utmost honesty and straightforwardness as possible. …You will be regarded with only love and respect, always. “

-Adoptive Mother

If you would like to learn more about adoption we would be glad to share information with you:

Christian Child Placement Services
1-800-553-2229 ex. 14
http://www.adoptnewmexico.org/
e-mail: adopt@nmcch.org

No comments:

Post a Comment