Sunday, March 13, 2011

Giving up a Baby for Adoption in New Mexico

Is adoption the right choice for you and for your child? How can you make a plan that will meet your needs and your child's needs?

Here are some questions that may help you as you plan for your and your child's future. This isn't every question you may have, but it will get you started with some answers.

How can adoption be a good choice for my baby and me?
If you're not ready to be a parent, you can still give your baby the gift of life by choosing adoption.

Can I choose the family for my baby?
Yes! We have many adoptive couples who have been studied and are approved and waiting for a child.

How much will my child know about me?
Regardless of the type of adoption plan, you will want to provide a thorough social and medical history for your child. If you develop an adoption plan that includes ongoing contact, your child will know about you what you share with him/her.

Does the expectant father have any rights?
Both you and the expectant father have rights. If you disagree about adoption or you no longer have a relationship with him, we will work with him and/or the courts to determine his rights.

How can I be sure that my child will be well cared for?
There are standards that every prospective adoptive family must meet which are set by both this agency and the state of New Mexico. Families are thoroughly assessed before being approved for adoption, and a caseworker will make visits to the adoptive family after placement to ensure your child's well-being.

Do I need an attorney, or do I pay my agency to assist me with the adoption?
By using this licensed adoption agency, you will not need an attorney, if you do need an attorney, we will pay those costs for you. This agency provides all services to you at no cost.

Can I get help with medical and living expenses while I'm making an adoption plan?
Assistance with medical and living expenses is available through this agency. For details about how we can help you in your particular circumstances, contact us.

Experience Matters!
Since 1979, the Christian Child Placement Service has counseled expectant parents facing unplanned pregnancies, and aided them with their adoption plan.

We are located locally here in New Mexico; Christian Child Placement Service is the oldest licensed
adoption agency in the state of New Mexico.

Christian Child Placement Service
1-800-553-2229 ex.14 • 24/7
http://www.adoptnewmexico.org/
e-mail: adopt@nmcch.org
http://www.facebook.com/Adoption.aChoiceforLife

No comments:

Post a Comment